Just 3 simple ingredients to make these tasty little peanut butter and jelly cups. A little bit sweet + a little bit salty. Use any nut butter that makes you happy.
OK… raise your hand if you LOVE PB + J. If you’ve got your hand in the air, this recipe is for you.
PB and J is such a classic flavor combination. I just couldn’t resist turning it into a healthy snack full of protein, healthy fats, and no refined sugars.
These creamy, delicious peanut butter and jelly cups are super simple to make and are PERFECT when you are craving something salty sweet.
What’s in peanut butter and jelly cups?
Like I said, just 3 simple ingredients.
❤️ peanut butter… or almond butter, or cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter. You get the idea.
❤️ coconut oil… = healthy fats.
❤️ your favorite jam... make your own or use an organic, fruit-sweetened jam to avoid added sugar.
That’s it. Easy peasy. Simply mix up the nut butter + coconut oil, create your layers, and place in freezer to set.
Store in air-tight container in freezer (or fridge if you prefer a softer texture.)
I like to use silicone muffins liners. They stand up on their own and clean up so easily. You can also use paper muffin liners in a muffin tray. For a mini version of these cups, you could use a silicone mini muffin tray.
Y’all know that I LOVE simple recipes. They are the secret to eating healthy, real food every day.
Having uncomplicated snack recipes to whip up ( and keep stocked in the fridge) helps keep me from making less than ideal food choices when I get super busy.
You may have seen on INSTAGRAM that we are packing up our life in Northern California and moving to the other side of the country. Needless to say, life feels super full and we have SO many details to attend to. Easy snacks are LIFE to me right now.
Hope you enjoy these peanut butter and jelly cups as much as we do. Please feel free to leave me any feedback, comments, or reviews below. I love hearing from you.
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
Just 3 simple ingredients to make these tasty little peanut butter and jelly cups. A little bit sweet + a little bit salty. Use any nut butter that makes you happy. No refined sugars.
- Line muffin tin with 10 cupcake liners or arrange 10 silicone cupcake liners on baking tray.
- Gently melt coconut oil in a small pot then add to peanut butter and whisk until creamy smooth. Add a few pinches of salt, if desired.
- Spoon one tablespoon of peanut butter mixture into each prepared muffin liners. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and spoon two teaspoons of jam into the middle of each peanut butter layer. Use back of spoon to gently flatten. Top with remaining peanut butter mixture, one tablespoon in each cup, to cover jam.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes to harden. Store in air-tight container in freezer (or fridge if you prefer a softer texture.)
- If adding coarse salt on top, add after cups have been in the freezer for about five minutes to harden just a bit. Otherwise, the salt may just sink into the soft mixture.
I highly recommend adding a titch of good quality salt to mixture if your nut butter is salt free.
I recommend taking first layer out of freezer after 10 minutes. If they are too frozen, the second layer may not set onto top very well.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.